- Update Iowa’s concealed carry law to move the retraining requirement to every 10 years instead of every 5.
- Simplify the concealed carry permit renewal process and allow a 60 day window to renew.
- Exempt military veterans from having to get training before applying for a Permit to Carry.
- Remove the “permit to acquire” mandate for handgun purchases (FBI NICS program would still be used for purchases).
- Clarifies that online training is acceptable for a concealed carry permit.
- Remove the age restriction on minors shooting while supervised by a parent or guardian.
- Make it illegal to share any identifying information about any of Iowa’s concealed carry permit holders.
- Make all permits across Iowa uniform in appearance.
The anti-gun crowd has submitted a petition to block the Omnibus Gun Bill. They got a paltry 1,600 signatures. We're betting we can top that pretty easily. Please take 30 second to sign and share this!!
Don't have your Senator's email address? Not sure who your Senator is? Find who represents you and their contact info using our Legislative Action Center.
When you call the Senate switchboard - 515-281-3371 - on Monday leave a message for the Senate leadership: "Listen to the people of Iowa. Listen to Iowa law enforcement. Bring SF425 to a vote AS IS." Ask that the message is delivered to Senators Gronstal, Sodders, Jochum and Bolkcom.